Our She Tech Miami mobile app business competition is open to middle school students - grades 6 through 8 and high school students - grades 9 through 12 in Miami Dade County. Student teams who do not meet this requirement will not be considered to participate in the competition.
Teams must be comprised of between 5 - 7 students.
A teacher or mentor must submit the registration form for the competition and commit to working with the girls on their Future Disruptor Startup project to participate. There is no limit to the amount of student teams that can participate from a school.
Final Submission Requirements
Answers to the following questions and submit a three to five minute video to accompany your official submission. Please limit each written response to 300 words.
- What is your mobile app business idea that will solve a healthcare problem for the elderly and why is it a good idea?
- How did you come up with this idea? Does anything like this exist in the marketplace that has some of the same features you will also provide on your app? Why is your idea better and the features you are proposing?
- Who is your customer, and why would they buy your app?
- Why is there a need for a business like this? Please cite the research you used to identify market size and potential size of market.
- Tell us about your team and the role of each team member. Tell us why you believe you and your team are the best qualified to turn your idea into a successful business.
- Explain how will your app work?
- A three to five minute video must also be submitted as part of the official submission. Create your script focused on the content submitted above. Please go to the resources page to find tips on creating and producing your video.